Table of contents:
With the 2012 season going well for the KTM Moto3 teams and the Kalex-KTMs, the Austrian factory has already set to work to offer next year a KTM Moto3 Racing Client. Of course, what you buy is not the “black leg” equipment that Danny Kent, Sandro Cortese and Arthur Sissis. The bike will be of the second level and changes the more exotic components for others a little more normal. For example, the rims are not magnesium, but aluminum. And the suspensions and brakes are not the latest generation WP or Brembo. Finally, the engine instead of turning at 14,000 rpm that the officers turn will limit itself to reaching 13,500 rpm. Or at least that's what they have commented on MCN.
So now you know, if you have 45,000 euros you can start ordering one of these KTM Moto3 client races for the 2013 season. Although if yours is the Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup 2013 you will have to opt for one KTM Moto3 RBR 250 of which only 30 units will be manufactured. Below you can see the technical characteristics of this KTM Moto3. I can't get a piggy bank to ask for one.
KTM Moto3 250 GPR (Production Racer 2013)
- Engine: Single cylinder, liquid cooled 4-stroke DOHC
- Displacement: 249.5cc bore x stroke 81 × 48.5mm
- Power: min. 37 kW (50, 30 hp) at 13,000 rpm
- Revolutions: max. 13,500 rpm
- Front suspension: WP / DM 45 mm, RCMA3548
- Rear suspension: WP / adjustable hydraulic preload and rebound.
- Brakes front / rear: Brembo Radial caliper, 290 / 190mm single disc
- Wheels front / rear: OZ Forged aluminum 2.5 × 17 / 3.5 × 17
- Dunlop 95 / 70-17 / 115 / 70-17 front / rear wheels
- Exhaust: Akrapovic Full Titanium System (max. 108 dB)
- Chassis: Tubular steel with seatpost and adjustable swingarm pivot
- Dry weight / tank capacity: approx. 83kg / approx. 11 liters