Table of contents:
- Moto3: Sandro Cortese certifies KTM dominance
- Moto2: Scott Redding starts strong … let's hope he lasts
At last the good things begin, and after the first official MotoGP preseason tests in Sepang, today we attended the first in the smaller categories, Moto2 and Moto3. With the already known (and worrying) absence of Marc Márquez and with the last-minute surprise of Repsol's sponsorship of Maverick Viñales, we have reached Cheste to try to begin to clear up some unknown. For now, the cold has been the protagonist of the first hours, while those who have dominated the times table have been Sandro Cortese in Moto3 with his KTM and Scott redding in Moto2 with the Kalex.
Yes, first of all It is necessary to clarify that the times are not official but those provided by the teams, but hey, it sure gives us a pretty good idea of what happened today in Valencia. It is clear that it was a day to take it easy, although some do not know what that means. Anyway, let's go with what this first day has given of itself, starting with the long-awaited Moto3 …
Moto3: Sandro Cortese certifies KTM dominance
It is clear that the premiere of Moto3 is one of the great incentives of the Motorcycle World Championship for this 2012. Well, in this first day of practice one thing has become clear: KTM seems like the brand to follow And it is that, it is not for nothing, but it has cast eight of its motorcycles among the top ten. Almost nothing! So it seems that they are on the right track. In addition, this domain has been certified with the best time of the German Sandro Cortese, who has stopped the clock in a time of 1’41.6.
Behind Sandro, and almost a second, Alberto moncayo and Hector Faubel they have nailed the times at 1'42.5. And ending with the top five, Niklas Garlic has been fourth and Luis Salom He has also done very well, finishing the fifth best time. Other Spaniards who have also stood out have been Efren Vazquez in the ninth square, Alex Marquez (replacing the injured Alex Rins) in the twelfth o Adrian Martin in the fourteenth. Also note that we do not have time for the name of the day, Maverick Viñales, so we'll wait until tomorrow to see how it goes.
Unofficial times first day Moto3 test in Cheste
1. SANDRO CORTESE, RED BULL KTM AJO 1'41.6 (39 laps)
2. ALBERTO MONCAYO, ASPAR TEAM Moto3 1'42.5 (48v.)
3. HECTOR FAUBEL, ASPAR TEAM Moto3 1, 42, 5 (45 v.)
4. NIKLAS AJO, TT MOTION EVENTS RACING 1, 42, 7 (37 v.)
5. LUIS SALOM, RW RACING GP 1, 42, 8 (30 v.)
6. DANNY KENT, RED BULL KTM AJO 1, 42, 8 (43 v.)
7. MIGUEL OLIVEIRA, MONLAU COMPETITION 1'42.9 (35 times)
8. ZULFAHMI KHAIRUDDIN, AIRASIA - SIC - AJO 1'43.0 (33 v.)
9. EFREN VAZQUEZ, TEAM LAGLISSE 1'44.4 (30 times)
10. BRAD BINDER, RW RACING GP 1, 44, 9 (42 v.)
11. ARTHUR SISSIS, RED BULL KTM AJO 1, 45, 0 (52 v.)
12. ALEX MARQUEZ, MONLAU COMPETITION 1'45.1 (28 v.)
13. TONI FINSTERBUSCH, RACING TEAM GERMANY 1'45.2 (10 times)
14. ADRIAN MARTIN, TEAM LAGLISSE HONDA 1'45.5 (29 times)
15. NICCOLO ANTONELLI, SAN CARLO GRESINI 1'45.8 (26 laps)
16. KENTA FUJII, TECHNOMAG-CIP-TSR 1'46.2 (59 v.)
17. DANNY WEBB, MAHINDRA RACING 1'46.5 (36 v.)
18. LOUIS ROSSI, RACING TEAM GERMANY 1'46.5 (36 v.)
19. ISAAC VINALES, ONGETTA-CENTRO SETA 1’46.6 (18)
20. ALAN TECHER, TECHNOMAG-CIP-TSR 1'46.7 (40 v.)
21. JACK MILLER, CARRETTA TECHNOLOGY 1’47.1 (35 v.)
22. ALEXIS MASBOU, CARRETTA TECHNOLOGY 1’47.7 (52 v.)
23. GIULIAN PEDONE, AMBROGIO NEXT RACING 1'48.7 (50 times)
24. JASPER IWEMA, MOTO FGR 1'49.2 (21 v.)
25. LUIGI MORCIANO, IODA TEAM ITALIA 1'50.1 (9 times)
26. RICCARDO MORETTI, MAHINDRA RACING 1'50.1 (13 v.)
27. ROMANO FENATI, TEAM ITALY FMI time not provided
28. ALESSANDRO TONUCCI TEAM ITALY IMF time not provided
29. IVAN MORENO, TEAM MACHADO time not provided
30. MAVERICK VINALES, AVINTIA RACING Moto 3 time not provided
31. MARCEL SCHROTTER, MAHINDRA RACING time not provided
32. JAKUB KORNFEIL, REDOX-ONGETTA-CENTRO SETA time not provided
33. JONAS FOLGER, MZ RACING TEAM time not provided
Moto2: Scott Redding starts strong … let's hope he lasts
The Moto2 category we do have a little more controlled, although there have been many changes for 2012 that will make it once again spectacular. And if in Moto3 the performance of the KTM has stood out today, in Moto2 there has been an absolute protagonist, since the Kalex have taken the top five positions, and they make it very clear that what happened last year was no accident. Thus, Scott Redding has set the best time stopping the clock in 1’36.5, and to see if this year he is again in the upper part of the table more often.
Great result without a doubt that of Pol Espargaro He seems to be very comfortable at Pons Racing and has done a more than worthy 1'37.0. Third has crept in Claudio Corti (preseason expert) and fourth Max Neukirchner, that he has not done anything wrong with last year's champion bike. For his part Tito Rabat He was fifth, Pol's partner was also very good. From the rest we can highlight the debutante's tenth place in the category Johann zarco and the 19th position in the table for the last 125cc champion, Nico Terol. Toni Elijah for his part, he has been eleventh in the return to the category that crowned him in 2010.
Unofficial first day Moto2 test times in Cheste
1. SCOTT REDDING, MARC VDS RACING TEAM 1'36.5 53 laps
2. POL ESPARGARO, PONS RACING 1'37.0 47 v.
3. CLAUDIO CORTI, ITALTRANS RACING TEAM 1'37.4 52 v.
4. MAX NEUKIRCHNER, KIEFER RACING 1'37.5 38 v.
5. ESTEVE RABAT, PONS RACING 1'37.5 43 laps
6. THOMAS LUTHI, INTERWETTEN PADDOCK 1'37.9 24 v.
7. ANDREA IANNONE, SPEED MASTER 1'37.9 27 v.
8. SIMONE CORSI, IODARACING PROJECT 1'38.0 43 v.
9. MIKA KALLIO, MARC VDS RACING TEAM 1'38.1 26 v.
10. JOHANN ZARCO, JIR Moto2 1'38.2 22 v.
11. TONI ELIAS, ASPAR TEAM Moto2 1'38.3 47 v.
12. ALEX DE ANGELIS, NGM MOBILE FORWARD RACING 1'38.7 20 v.
13. ANGEL RODRIGUEZ, SAG TEAM 1'38.7 27 v.
14. BRADLEY SMITH, TECH 3 RACING 1'38.8 36 v.
15. DOMINIQUE AEGERTER, TECHNOMAG-CIP 1'39.0 68 v.
16. AXEL PONS, PONS RACING 1'39.1 45 v.
17. TAKAAKI NAKAGAMI, ITALTRANS RACING TEAM 1'39.2 40 v.
18. MIKE DI MEGLIO, SPEED UP 1'39.2 21 v.
19. NICOLAS TEROL, ASPAR TEAM Moto2 1'39.6 30 v.
20. RANDY KRUMMENACHER, GP TEAM SWITZERLAND 1'39.7 36 v.
21. ALEXANDER LUNDH, MZ RACING TEAM 1'39.7 29 v.
22. XAVIER SIMEON, TECH 3 RACING 1'40.1 36 v.
23. DAMIAN CUDLIN, QMMF RACING TEAM 1'40.9 45 v.
24. ROBERTO ROLFO, TECHNOMAG-CIP 1'41.4 46 v.
25. ERIC GRANADO, JIR Moto2 1’41.5 30 v.
26. ELENA ROSELL, QMMF RACING TEAM 1'41.7 57 v.
27. YUKI TAKAHASHI, NGM MOBILE FORWARD RACING 1'42.7 3 v.
28. MARCO COLANDREA, SAG TEAM 1'44.0 35 v.
29. GINO REA, GRESINI RACING time not provided
30. RATTHAPARK WILAIROT, THAI HONDA GRESINI Moto2 time not provided
31. JULIAN SIMON, AVINTIA RACING Moto2 time not provided
Anyway, this is what this first day of Moto2 and Moto3 testing at the Ricardo Tormo de Cheste circuit has given. Of course, it is too early to dare any kind of conjecture, but What do I like to see again tables of times and photos of everything that lies ahead in 2012. We will remain attentive to what happens in the two days that we have left to enjoy these tests.
Popular by topic
Kawasaki Z900: Akashi's best-selling naked returns with 125 hp, limited to the A2 license and three new colors
Kawasaki Z900 2022: all the information, official data and photographs of the new 125 hp naked
It's over. The 2021 MotoGP World Championship closes this coming weekend with the Valencia Grand Prix. The Ricardo Tormo circuit of
In Sweden electric scooters are in the spotlight: there are too many and they are causing many accidents
Electric scooters are becoming the favorite vehicle to move around the big cities of any country. This situation has
The rain gave MotoGP a break so that the second free practice sessions of the Valencia Grand Prix could be played on dry tires. On
Marc Márquez has diplopia again, he will not be in Valencia and he loses the rest of the MotoGP season
Bad fortune continues to grow with Marc Márquez. The Spanish rider will not be able to be in the Valencia Grand Prix or in the Jerez tests due to the fact that he