Table of contents:
Having recovered Casey stoner from yesterday's back problems, the aussie was able to get back on the Honda RC213V and top Sepang times table. The number one has flown through the Malaysian track becoming the only one capable of rolling under 2:01 taking out 157 thousandths to the second classified, Ben Spies. His beloved mother Mary says of the Texan that he feels much better with the 1000cc and that he notices a different look. Not surprisingly, at times Dorna gave us a stratospheric time of around 1:58 that would have changed the look of the entire paddock.
One of the pleasant surprises of the day has been starred by the Valencian Hector Barberá. And it is that the one of Dos Aguas She has advanced in the classification to sixth place, crowning herself as the best Ducati of those entered, 98 thousandths ahead of Valentino rossi. Fact that has bothered Uccio, the very friend of Il Dottore, who He has not hesitated to criticize Héctor because he thinks that this lap was thanks to Valentino's wheel, although others, however, even point out that the Italian bothered Barberá when he got into the pits. Be it the way it is, Pramac's second Ducati was faster than the most official of all - a fact that happened several times in 2011 also with Héctor as the main character -.
The rest of the Spanish riders have done a great job, Jorge Lorenzo is third stuck to his teammate and improving the times of the previous day. Just behind him is Dani Pedrosa, half a second faster but losing positions. Álvaro Bautista has gained a position being already eighth and it is almost a second faster than yesterday; very good evolution of the talaverano. It should also be noted the time of Cal cruchtlow, the Briton hot on Dani Pedrosa's heels with the fastest unofficial bike on the grid.
And we got to the CRT. Colin Edwards improves to giant steps eating two and a half seconds on the clock. Iván Silva improves his previous time by one second while Jordi Torres has not been able to beat yesterday's times. There is a lot of criticism of the CRTs here present but we must bear in mind that this is precisely the circuit that most punishes these motorcycles. Let's give a vote of confidence and some patience as they are freshly baked monsters that are still looking for their shape and path.
Finally, to highlight the harsh conditions that the pilots are facing, literally leaving their skin behind in the effort.
Official times of the second practice session in Sepang
- 1 Casey Stoner 2: 00.895 - - 29
- 2 Ben Spies 2: 01.052 +0.157 +0.157 37
- 3 Jorge Lorenzo 2:01.068 +0.016 +0.173 40
- 4 Dani pedrosa 2:01.508 +0.440 +0.613 35
- 5 Cal Crutchlow 2: 01.565 +0.057 +0.670 42
- 6 Hector barbera 2:01.788 +0.223 +0.893 50
- 7 Valentino Rossi 2: 01.886 +0.098 +0.991 44
- 8 Alvaro Bautista 2:01.933 +0.047 +1.038 46
- 9 Andrea Dovizioso 2: 02.160 +0.227 +1.265 42
- 10 Nicky Hayden 2: 02.354 +0.194 +1.459 41
- 11 Stefan Bradl 2: 02.414 +0.060 +1.519 41
- 12 Karel Abraham 2: 02.598 +0.184 +1.703 66
- 13 Katsuyuki Nakasuga 2: 02.941 +0.343 +2.046 40
- 14 Franco Battaini 2: 04.311 +1.370 +3.416 38
- 15 Colin Edwards 2: 05.603 +1.292 +4.708 37
- 16 Ivan silva 2:10.297 +4.694 +9.402 16
- 17 Jordi Torres 2:11.893 +1.596 +10.998 2
- 18 Robertino Pietri 2: 12.546 +0.653 +11.651 5