Table of contents:
Are the statements from the Yamaha Motor Racing team boss after the last tests held in Sepang which were dominated by the Honda riders. Lin Jarvis is convinced that the Yamaha YZR-M1 can offer this season very good performance at the hands of his riders Jorge Lorenzo and Bes Spies to directly attack the biggest rival on the track that right now, according to himself. Lin jarvis, are the official Honda of Casey Stoner and Dani Pedrosa. While it is true that the Honda dominated the end of last season, the fact of changing displacement this year makes the theoretical difference that they had until now, disappear.
In these last Sepang tests Those of Yamaha have given results especially on the second day in the wet. Ben Spies and Jorge Lorenzo set the best times but the Honda riders chose not to go out on the track. Andrea Dovizioso, Cal Crutchlow and Nicky Hayden made up the rest of the table, as we say, in the wet. On the last dry day the Honda riders dominated with Casey Stoner, Dani Pedrosa and a surprising Andrea Dovizioso taking the top three places in the timesheets. From behind, Jorge Lorenzo, Cal Crutchlow, Héctor Barberá, Álvaro Bautista and Ben Spies in this order. According to these tests Lin Jarvis may be very optimistic but surely the Yamaha officials are going to fight this 2012. Lin Jarvis's interview with MotoGP below.
Interview with Lin Jarvis
- What are the feelings at Yamaha after the two Sepang practice sessions?
- What do you think is the difference that still separates you from the Honda?
- Do you think it is possible to beat Stoner this year? Can Jorge and Ben meet this goal?
- You predict that Jorge will be a candidate for the title, but what do you expect from Ben?
- What parts of the new Yamaha 1000cc have you improved in particular?
- Another fact to highlight is the performance of Crutchlow and Dovizioso in training. What do you expect from them this season?
- We were able to see how Ben was able to get on the podium with a satellite bike. Considering that this year your four riders will start the season more or less with the same bike, do you think Andrea and Cal are in a position to do it too?
- With all the factory riders ending contract in 2012, what are Yamaha's intentions? Do you plan to keep the current pilots?
- Is the possibility of Dovizioso going to the official team contemplated if he completes a good season?
- Next week we will experience the last test of the preseason in Jerez. Should we expect any great news?
Popular by topic
Kawasaki Z900: Akashi's best-selling naked returns with 125 hp, limited to the A2 license and three new colors
Kawasaki Z900 2022: all the information, official data and photographs of the new 125 hp naked
It's over. The 2021 MotoGP World Championship closes this coming weekend with the Valencia Grand Prix. The Ricardo Tormo circuit of
In Sweden electric scooters are in the spotlight: there are too many and they are causing many accidents
Electric scooters are becoming the favorite vehicle to move around the big cities of any country. This situation has
Marc Márquez has diplopia again, he will not be in Valencia and he loses the rest of the MotoGP season
Bad fortune continues to grow with Marc Márquez. The Spanish rider will not be able to be in the Valencia Grand Prix or in the Jerez tests due to the fact that he
Valentino Rossi reviews his career in MotoGP and remembers Marc Márquez: "Never has a champion raced to make another lose"
At this point it is more than evident that Valentino Rossi is going to retire from MotoGP without having made peace with Marc Márquez. The Italian pilot is putting